At Civilian, we judge our work on a single, compelling metric: Did we move people? Move them to learn, move them to engage, and move them to take action. It’s impactful and inspiring work for the right kind of individual, and we pride ourselves in doing things differently to move the bar.
And right now we are seeking a Group Media Director (GMD) with a passion for social change, to champion media strategy at Civilian. The GMD oversees management of all media strategy/planning, accountable for the relationship with the client divisions including overall corridor satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget.
- Approves strategies for all brands.
- Must set quality standards for the department and enforce adherence.
- Fosters innovative solutions.
- Identifies short and long term opportunities for both the department and agency as a whole.
- Creates visibility for and department through conferences and presentations, represent on professional associations and boards.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances.
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability.
- Take the lead in creating a positive work environment through interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships
- Takes the lead in interdepartmental process improvement and cost efficiencies
- Accountable for maintaining relationship with the client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Accountable for maintaining collaborative relationships with other department heads and teams
- Participates in new business development efforts.
- Reviews and approves all project work.
- Hires, manages, develops, and promotes team members.
- Develops and negotiates staffing plans based on scope of work.
- Holds weekly departmental staff meetings.
- Collaborates with departments to create.
- Attends interdepartmental briefings
- Must be an industry leader with 15+ years media experience.
- Extensive knowledge marketing, media planning, buying and research.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of the direct marketing industry.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred.
***TO APPLY: please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Group Media Director at Civilian” in the subject line.
Note: Travel to and from client and vendor sites in personal vehicle, is required in this position. The preceding functions have been provided as the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated