Civilian is a full-service marketing communications agency dedicated to building stronger communities. We tackle complex social issues—from preventing suicide and reducing the stigma of mental illness to encouraging recycling and conservation—and create change for the common good. We believe that positive changes in attitudes and behaviors is only possible when we work together.
Where there’s a WE, there’s a way. We are Civilian.
And right now, we’re looking for an AGENCY-seasoned Senior Account Executive (SAE) who’s eager to jump in and make a difference with our growing group of clients. As an SAE you will work alongside an Account Supervisor in the day-to-day management of a wide range of projects for multiple clients.
Account Management – Development/growth of ongoing client relationships and account management work, including strategy, opening and managing projects, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
Creative – Development of brand marketing strategies, managing creative projects from start to finish, and representing clients throughout the production process. Write creative briefs, communicate desired outcomes for creative and messaging, and provide executional guidelines.
Media – Provide marketing background, goals and objectives, and executional guidelines for media campaign planning. Generate clear and concise media briefs, review strategy and application to tactical media plan. Monitor the execution of media plans by analyzing reports on delivery and expenditures provided by the media group.
Financial Supervision – Provide fiscal management of client budgets and projections, ensure accurate and timely processing of client billing, monitor and evaluate the cost of outside services.
New Business Development – Maintain active role in developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as well as participating in and attending new business pitches, representing Account Services.
Team Management – Oversee Account Services team member(s) providing coaching, guidance and mentorship. Ensure contract fulfillment and drive organic client growth opportunities.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 5+ years of Advertising Agency experience with a demonstrated understanding of traditional and digital media planning and management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to relate to, persuade, and build consensus with clients, while educating them on emerging media and traditional marketing tactics
- A history of overseeing client accounts in an Account Executive role, with limited supervisory oversight, managing both client and internal team expectations, and leading the execution of tactical projects
- Project management prowess with a keen eye to details, plus the inclination to manage ahead and bring others along (you will be the hub of agency action and workflow). **Experience using project management systems a plus.
- Excellent financial management ability and experience with budget reconciliation
We offer competitive compensation with full benefits, and the unexpected perk of knowing that the work you’re doing has an actual community impact. It’s inspiring work for the right kind of individual.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Senior Account Executive at Civilian” in the subject line.
**Note: this is not an advertising/media sales role, so if you do not have significant client services experience in an agency setting, please do not apply.