At Civilian, we judge our work on a single, compelling metric: Did we move people? Move them to learn, move them to engage, and move them to take action. It’s impactful and inspiring work for the right kind of individual, and we pride ourselves on doing things differently to move the bar.
We at Civilian are seeking a Senior Media Strategist with a passion for uncovering the perfect plan. A hungry media professional with both traditional and digital experience, who can communicate simply and clearly with the client, and possesses strategic vision to exceed expectations. The Senior Media Strategist is responsible for planning, placement, reporting, and reconciliation in accordance with client outcomes.
The Senior Media Strategist will be innovative and well organized. This individual is responsible for the spotless creation and execution of media plans. Our ideal candidate is a media nerd, who is well versed in developing tactics that incorporate emerging trends and developments, as well as participate in creating outstanding work that results in success for our clients.
Ultimately we are looking for a problem solver with a figure-it-out mentality and the drive to confidently develop and execute strategic media plans.
Responsibilities Include, (but not limited to):
- Develop media strategy
- Lead media planning and execution
- Negotiate media rates—traditional and digital (primarily digital).
- Evaluating, recommending, and managing media budgets and vehicles used to achieve each client’s individual media objectives.
- Comprehension of client’s business objectives and ability to establish solid client rapport
- Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (media vendors and managed services)
- Ability to conduct research on target demographic and emerging industry trends with the usage of media research tools including but not limited to Simmons and Nielsen
- Direct involvement in new Business Development RFP process, responses and pitches
- Monitoring & modifying cross-platform campaigns daily—display, social, native, email, SEM, and Web analytics.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends and emerging technology.
- Reporting and presenting results to clients during and after campaign execution.
- Buying and managing print, outdoor, radio, TV, and cable media.
- Creating and managing vendor relationships.
- Reporting post-media schedule results.
- Required: B.S. or B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- 5+ years of strategic media planning and buying experience (agency experience only)
- Leadership & mentorship experience required
- Excellent organizational and budget management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Collaborate effectively in cross-functional team settings
- Figure-it-out mentality
- Practical understanding of media research tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Simmons, Social Listening, etc.)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Senior Media Strategist at Civilian” in the subject line.