Are you hellbent on making a difference and loving your job?
Because right now, we’re looking for an AGENCY-experienced Account Executive (AE) with a passion for social change who’s eager to come help improve communities and change lives.
Here’s who we are looking for and what they’ll do:
Account Management – Development/growth of ongoing client relationship and account management work, including strategy, opening and managing projects, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
Creative – Development of brand marketing strategies, managing creative projects from start to finish, and representing clients throughout the production process. Write creative briefs, to communicate desired outcomes for messaging, and provide executional guidelines.
Media – Provide marketing background, goals and objectives for media campaign planning through clear & concise media briefs. Monitor the ideation & execution of media plans by reviewing strategy and application of tactics, and analyzing reports on delivery & expenditures provided by the media group.
Financial Supervision – Provide fiscal management of client budgets and projections, ensure accurate and timely processing of client billing, monitor and evaluate the cost of outside services.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 4-5+ years of Advertising Agency experience with a demonstrated understanding of traditional and digital media planning and management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to relate to, persuade, and build consensus with clients, while educating them on emerging media and traditional marketing tactics
- A history of overseeing client accounts in an Account Executive role, with limited supervisory oversight, managing both client and internal team expectations, and leading the execution of tactical projects
- Project management prowess with a keen eye to details, plus the inclination to manage ahead and bring others along (you will be the hub of agency action and workflow). **Experience using project management systems a plus
- Excellent financial management ability and experience with budget reconciliation
**Note: this is not an advertising/media sales role, so if you do not have significant client services experience in an agency setting, please do not apply.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Account Executive at Civilian” in the subject line.
Civilian is a full-service marketing communications agency dedicated to building stronger communities. For 18 years, we have worked with government agencies and community organizations at the forefront of the most stubborn public health and community issues in California. From healthy eating, suicide prevention, and mental health stigma reduction to recycling, conservation, and disaster preparedness—we turn audience research and insights into education and outreach strategies that ultimately influence individual behavior. It’s inspiring work for the right kind of individual.
Sound like you? If so, let’s talk!