Civilian is a full-service marketing communications agency dedicated to building stronger communities. For 18 years, we have worked with government agencies and community organizations at the forefront of the most stubborn public health and community issues in California. From healthy eating, suicide prevention, and mental health stigma reduction to recycling, conservation, and disaster preparedness—we turn audience research and insights into education and outreach strategies that ultimately influence individual behavior.
It’s inspiring work for the right kind of individual. And right now, we’re looking for an experienced Account Supervisor (AS)** with a passion for social change and community improvement to champion client strategy and make a significant difference with some of our most important clients in the Public Health and Education space.
You will work on community education efforts, development of integrated advertising campaigns, media plan ideation/execution, creative problem-solving, and be responsible for building strong client relationships. Ideal candidates will exemplify leadership qualities, and be adept at managing large stakeholder groups (up to 50 people).
Account Management – Development/growth of ongoing client relationships and account management work, including strategy, opening and managing projects, status reports, and preparation of materials for client meetings.
Creative – Development of brand marketing strategies, managing creative projects from start to finish, and representing clients throughout the production process. Write creative briefs, communicate desired outcomes for creative and messaging, and provide executional guidelines.
Media – Provide marketing background, goals and objectives, and executional guidelines for media campaign planning. Generate clear and concise media briefs, review strategy and application to tactical media plan. Monitor the execution of media plans by analyzing reports on delivery and expenditures provided by the media group.
Financial Supervision – Provide fiscal management of client budgets and projections, ensure accurate and timely processing of client billing, monitor and evaluate the cost of outside services.
New Business Development – Maintain active role in developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as well as participating in and attending new business pitches, representing Account Services.
Team Management – Oversee Account Services team member(s) providing coaching, guidance and mentorship. Ensure contract fulfillment and drive organic client growth opportunities.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 7-10+ years of Agency experience with a demonstrated understanding of traditional and digital media planning and management
- Relevant experience in Public Health, Education and Outreach (Community Stakeholder management experience is required for this position)
- Track record of presenting information to senior management, public groups, stakeholders and/or boards of directors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to relate to, persuade, and build consensus with clients, while educating them on emerging media and traditional marketing tactics
- Ability to define and solve problems, analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- A history of overseeing client accounts in an Account Services role, managing both client and internal team expectations, and leading the execution of tactical projects
- Proven record of success in leadership, with experience managing, coaching and guiding multiple team members
- Project management prowess with a keen eye for details, plus the inclination to manage ahead and bring others along. Experience using PM systems a
- Excellent financial management ability and experience with budget management and reconciliation
- Strong ability to recognize and plan for crisis control
Outstanding abilities in maintaining strong relationships
TO APPLY: please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Account Supervisor” in the subject line.
**Note: this is not an advertising/media sales role, so if you do not have significant client services experience in an agency setting, please do not apply.