Right now we are seeking an Accounting Manager (AM) who is responsible for establishing and adhering to general accounting practices, budgets and accounting controls. The AM will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable side of the organization, reconciliation reports and month end closings. Specific tasks to this position include:
- Handles/supervises project cost accounting, general accounting functions, accounts payable and daily cash receipts
- Assists CEO in budgeting
- Reports to CEO on a weekly basis re cash position and disbursements
- Obtain knowledge of system capabilities and procedures in order to recommend continual process improvements
- Computes, records and reports overhead, overhead cost allocation and internal fiscal trends
- May type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records or reconcile bank statements
- Reviews expense reports for accuracy and appropriate reimbursable expenses. Reports issues to management as necessary. Manages issuing of expense checks to employees and payments to vendors
- Advises CEO on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code
- Arranges and provides support of company and client financial audits
- Aggressively pursues new ways to enhance overall agency profitability
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets Top of Form
- Collaborates with departments to create and maintain exceptional relationships with employees and vendors
- Manages special projects and analysis, and keeps appropriate management updated on status
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an Accounting degree, be certified CPA, and/or have 8-10+ years financial managing experience (Advertising industry experience is a plus)
- Must be an industry leader with highly visible profile
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships (Excellent communication skills, both written and oral)
- Strong problem-solving skills, and detail oriented
- The manager must demonstrate a solid background in agency financial systems, reporting and financial analysis
- Manages petty cash account local bank account and accurately and on a timely basis
- Assist with creating and implementing procedures
- Must have proficient understanding and expertise in Quickbooks
The Accounting Manager should have a positive can-do attitude, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
Demonstrate initiative to pitch in and assist colleagues when necessary and suggests or creates procedures to improve processes and procedures.
Seeks and accept advice and feedback.
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and delegate work.
The Accounting Manager provides appropriate direction and guidance to staff. Exhibit honesty and integrity; develop trust professionalism and use sound judgment, and identify issues that require immediate attention and communication.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, of specific benefit to the company.
To Apply for this opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@Civilian.agency, with the subject line: “Applying for Accounting Manager”
Civilian is a full-service marketing communications agency dedicated to building stronger communities. For 18 years, we have worked with government agencies and community organizations at the forefront of the most stubborn public health and community issues in California. From healthy eating, suicide prevention, and mental health stigma reduction to recycling, conservation, and disaster preparedness—we turn audience research and insights into education and outreach strategies that ultimately influence individual behavior. It’s inspiring work for the right kind of individual.
Sound like you? If so, let’s talk!