Civilian is a full-service marketing communications agency dedicated to building stronger communities. For two decades, we have worked with government agencies and community organizations at the forefront of the most stubborn public health and community issues in California. From healthy eating, suicide prevention, and mental health stigma reduction to recycling, conservation, and disaster preparedness—we turn audience research and insights into education and outreach strategies that ultimately influence individual behavior.
It’s inspiring work, and right now we’re looking for an experienced Director of Client Services with a passion for social change to champion high-level relations with all clients.
As Director, you are responsible for protecting and growing the agency’s relationships with its current client base and prospects, and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and within budget. This position reports to the Vice President of People, Process, and Product, and is a member of the Leadership Team.
- Establish and build strong personal and working relationships with key client contacts
- Maintain each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor and confidant offering an open ear, sound judgment, and relevant solutions to various issues and opportunities
- Anticipate and address potential client relationship or revenue issues, advising agency management in time to respond proactively
- Lead the development, and oversee implementation, of client Account Strategy
- Provide strategic guidance to Account Services staff relating to campaign planning, campaign execution and conflict resolution.
- Review appropriate work in progress before presentation to client
- Demonstrate confidence, authority and level-headed decision-making as the agency’s leadership voice on accounts
- Utilize leadership to influence, develop and mentor staff regarding client satisfaction
- Partner with senior management to inform strategic and financial direction for the agency
- In conjunction with the Business Development team, cultivate organic growth opportunities, maintain and active role in developing prospect workplans, and participate in and attend new business pitches
- Must be an industry leader with 15+ years of advertising agency experience.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field.
- A demonstrated understanding of traditional and digital media.
- Relevant experience in public health, transportation, education and outreach (community stakeholder management experience is preferred).
- Track record of presenting information to clients in executive/senior management positions, public groups, stakeholders and/or boards of directors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to relate to, persuade, and build consensus with clients.
- Ability to define and solve problems, analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- A history of overseeing client accounts in an Account Services role, managing both client and internal team expectations, and leading the execution of tactical projects.
- Proven record of success in leadership, with experience managing, coaching and guiding multiple team members.
- Project management prowess with a keen eye for details, plus the inclination to manage ahead and bring others along. Experience using project management systems a plus.
- Excellent financial management ability and experience with budget management and reconciliation.
- Strong ability to recognize and plan for crisis control.
- Outstanding abilities in maintaining strong relationships.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@Civilian.agency and use “Applying for Director of Client Services at Civilian” in the subject line